The feel of the crisp chills of the blowing wind and the noise of the leaves that are starting to fall from the trees tells me that autumn’s just around the corner; and I’m enjoying every bit of it.
I’ve been quite busy the past few days and I don’t really have much time to sit and think about what to write. Right now, I’m actually trying to pull this off by multi-tasking! LOL!
Last weekend, I was in Cardiff and met up with Bling’s gilrfriend, Anna, who is on a business trip ’til next week. It was a very cloudy day in Cardiff while there were rains in Swansea. But of course, my itchy feet wouldn’t let me stay at home so I grabbed my bag, Sly and some cash for a day out.
I got there by midday and was starving. We found a nice restaurant in downtown Cardiff and ate a good lunch. I really begged off from anything fastfood even just for that day. We all enjoyed a quiet and conversation-filled lunch. After which, we dilly-dallied on entering the castle because Anna and her group will be touring the place during the week. So instead, we decided to go on a city sightseeing to tour the area by bus.
I was amazed at how beautiful this city is. The architecture of the buildings are just wonderful and while listening to the tour guide, the place indeed had a very rich and interesting history and culture that is continuing until today – at least in most parts of it.
The last stop for us was the National Museum Cardiff. I was allowed in with Sly (my good ol’ camera) but I had to sign an agreement that whatever photographs I will be taking inside the premises are not to be published online, in papers/magazines or wherever and are STRICTLY for private viewing and archiving only. This is an international agreement that can land me in jail anywhere in the world I am so I can’t show or share the photos that I took; so I’m sorry about that. We enjoyed going around the museum and a couple of things that may interest you are the Faces of Wales, Death of Wales and the History of Wales. Anyway, we do have a number of photos taken outside the premises and around Cardiff that you will find here.
Now onto my 11th Thursday Thirteen. For this week, I decided to write about the 13 people who, in one way or the other, are or were significant in my life. I will write about them in no particular order after the person I’ll put in at Number 1. Header for today came from Mandy. It sure makes me want to grab a cup from Starbucks – but I’ll save that for later.
1. Papa – My very own father. He’s not just a father to me, he’s my friend, my sugar daddy (LOL!), my mentor and most of all, he’s one of my sources of strength and inspiration to face all the challenges I have and have had in my life. If there’s one person that I owe every good thing that I am now, I owe it all to him. I love you, Papa!
2. Basti – My one and only Sweetheart! I will give up my life for him if need be. We may have been separated for the longest time now, but everything that I’m doing right now is for him. His coming into my life made the wait, the expenses and the complications all worth it. I just love my “Bruce Wayne” to the max! I love you, Son!
3. Nikki – She’s a darling and everyone says that she’s my mini-me – only with the American twang and bred in America. She’s very intelligent and very vocal about her feelings. She makes you stop and think when she starts asking questions. But she’s one helluva sibling whom I’m very proud of! I just hope she doesn’t grow up to be the stubborn girl that I am! LOL!
4. Kimberly – Kim’s my ever sweetest kid sister in the whole wide world! I love her to pieces – even when she asks the dumbest questions I’ve ever heard (e.g. “How do you sleep if you are awake?”). But when she gives me the tightest hugs and the sweetest kisses on my cheeks, she’s just one American darling that makes my heart melt.
5. Pam – She’s the best friend I wish that I grew up with. After being betrayed by my best friend of 14 years, I met Pam during the time that I was trying to live a new life in Canada. She made me realize that not everyone is a traitor and she made me learn to trust people again. It’s been almost 5 years since we became friends and now I can’t imagine living life without her even though we’re thousands of miles away from each other. We literally have a long distance friendship but because we love each other, we were able to bridge the gap and she’s my “bestest” friend ever! I love you best friend!
6. Francis a.k.a. Dhong – He’s my soulmate, my “bes”! I call him my soulmate because I read somewhere that soulmates can never marry each other but they will be there for each other whatever happens. He’s that to me. We’ve been linked to be lovers but all were just rumors and no more than that. He can walk naked past by me or vice-versa but we’ll never put malice into it. Our relationship is the perfect example of a platonic relationship. We love and know each other very, very well that we could never be together as more than friends or that will be the end for us. He levels things in my head when they go beyond comprehension for me. He knocks me out of my temporary state of insanity when need be. Most of all, he’s a trusted confidante just like Pam. He takes care of me in ways not even my partner would care for me. I love you bes!!
7. Dexter – My special brother. He may not be able to relate to us the way normal people do but I’m sure he knows that I love him very much. I just wish I could do more for him and I hope to do that in time.
8. Reggie – One of my closest girl friends in the world. We may not get together often, but she’s still one of those who never fails to put some sense in my head when I need it. I’m just thankful that she came into my life as a sincere friend.
9. Ricky – Another one of my closest guy friends in the world. He’s always there for me when I need a wiser person to speak to (that goes with age, I guess! LOL!) and he shares my love for coffee. 🙂
10. Suzanne – She’s my online best friend! I’m just grateful that there are still true people that abound the cyberworld. I met her through a parenting e-group and we just hit it off very well in the end. She was the one who re-introduced me to the wonderful world of Neopets. We’ve shared each others’ happiness, worries and problems and even though everything was just primarily online for us, the bond of friendship has strengthened and I’m looking forward to more years of having her as a friend. I can’t wait to meet her person real soon (I hope!).
11. Ex #1 – He was a childhood crush who eventually became my first boyfriend. He was everything I asked for until 5 years after, I fell out of love and which caused the relationship to end. He was very patient with me, very loving, very sincere, and a gentleman. He respected who I am and the most we could do was kiss and touch hands. He was ridiculed by his friends but took it with a grain of salt. He was also the most loyal boyfriend I’ve ever had (don’t take this wrongly, I’ve only had 4 :p). He was not just a boyfriend to me, he was a friend as well. He was devastated after the relationship but we were able to maintain friendly relations until today. Our relationship just proves that lovers can be friends after all.
12. Ex #3 – He was the guy I almost married and I almost killed myself for. We started out as friends but I ended up hating him. He was everything I wanted and needed after coming out from an abusive relationship only to realize that I was mentally, financially and emotionally-abused by him too. He was the guy I gave up everything for but ended up with nothing. I have forgiven him since but I still remember the pain he and the relationship caused me everytime I talk about it. I still can’t look back without being teary-eyed. I loved him dearly but I guess he did not really love me that much in the first place. One very good thing I learned from what happened was leaving something for myself and to love myself all together. It’s no good giving and loving someone with your whole heart without loving your own self. I thank him for teaching me to love myself and to give worth to myself. And I know that if ever our paths should cross again, I will still be able to look at him straight in the eye and say “Hello!” without fear and without hesitation. That is something that I’m not sure that he can do.
13. MH – Oh my! Of course he is significant! He and I created Basti! LOL! Seriously, most of you know that our relationship is on the rocks and we still haven’t had the chance to sort it out yet. Maybe when I go back, we can do it this time. I don’t know really. But I’m still hopeful about it. We have the weirdest of love stories and he’s the most insensitive and uncaring guy I’ve ever met. But still, we’re together for reasons I’m trying to understand myself. My whirlwind life with him makes it significantly interesting and challenging.
And that concludes my entry for today. I hope everyone will have a wonderful and enjoyable Thursday!