With all the hassle and stress I’m having right now, I really think that I should get a good vacation at the soonest possible time.
It was just sad that my supposed weekend getaway two weeks ago got botched and I ended up rebooking the room that I got from one of the good travel deals offered by the hotel where I got to stay for Holy Week last April. It’s just good that they were able to give me a room for the schedule I preferred.
I haven’t gone out with my friends for the longest time and this would be a good opportunity for me to bond with them and catch up on each others’ lives. I know that an overnight stay wouldn’t be really enough to relax and just enjoy the place but I’m sure we will be going home with more secrets about each other and a whole lot more of good memories for us to cherish.
Image by Tonya
1. She had a great sense of humor.
2. God is by my side, always. (I know it’s cheesy but it’s true!)
3. I know this: I will never have a successful love life! LOL!
4. Financially unstable still.
5. These words apply to me: When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.
6. the sun was shining so a good friend and I had lunch out today.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to finish the video for tomorrow’s movie event, tomorrow my plans include meeting up with Liza, Mayeth and Miguel for coffee before the Transformers movie event and Sunday, I want to catch up with my writing tasks!
I really wouldn’t want to remember this month as tragic. But it really is.
Earlier today, I received word that a high school batch mate returned to the arms of the Lord after having cardiac arrest. She was 32.
Please join me as I pray for the eternal repose of her soul. Katherine, you’re finally home.
I’m not a gamer. I don’t really like buying the game consoles available (except that I’m quite compelled to because my son loves them). However, there are two things I’d like to have at home: Nintendo Wii (with Wii Fit) and a playstation 3.
I think I would love the fact that this PS3 can actually play DVDs and the graphics are much better than the earlier versions. However, this gaming console is still quite pricey so I would need to save up for it after settling more important financial matters.
I’m sure Basti would love to have the PS3 aside from his PSP. I’m sure this will make a good birthday present for him come November.
I was once asked: “Will dabbling in crafts be profitable?”
My answer would be both a yes and a no.
Yes because there are people who dabble in these things not just to share their creativity but also to gain profit from it. Remember that when one does party invitations or create altered art, they can actually sell it or just give it away. I actually admire people who can do it because aside from the pressure it can give them, they can still manage to come up with things that are pretty.
No because for others, doing crafts are considered something for personal use only. They help preserve memories that are supposed to be shared for families and friends only.
I really wouldn’t mind making a profit out of one’s creative outputs. What’s important is that you get to share your talent with other people and that you are happy when you venture into your creative avenues. In both circumstances, that is true and that is what really matters.
1. All children alarm their parents, if only because you are forever expecting them to be fragile.
2. Show me a good loser and I will show you a quitter.
3. Drinking vodka is like eating an entire box of chocolate liqueurs at one time.
4. Too bad that all the people who know how to run the country are busy with other stuff and are insensitive.
5. I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine work and pleasure. (They also seem to make it work – at least most of them.)
6. It is impossible to think of any good meal, no matter how plain or elegant, without salt or pepper in it.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to have a relaxing night, tomorrow my plans include staying at home and Sunday, I want to declutter!
I just received a mailer about The Body Shop’s newest items. Both Papa and I love their products! Papa loves their scents and I love them for making hypoallergenic products that I can use as often as I want. I haven’t had any bad reaction using their products so I make it a point to buy some stuff as I need it.
I’m going to check them out this weekend. This will be a good time to use my membership card 🙂