2009 has been an eventful year for me. There were so many things that I’d rather not remember and there are things that should be noted for happening in this crazy, whirlwind life of mine. In less than 2 hours, 2010 will be kicking in and I just would like to write about some random things that happened in 2009 that made it special or otherwise.
01. I’ve been very sickly during the first 8 months of the year. It’s not a good thing to be hospitalized for bronchitis then get allergy attacks almost every month and then I had amoebiasis. Of course, I lost my voice on several occasions. I’m just glad that the last 4 months of the year went quite well in the area of health and I hope this will continue to be the trend until next year.
02. Our house was broken into back in October. Luckily, nothing was taken and no one was hurt. It became a reminder that even if you’re living in a guarded and gated area, things like this can still happen. You just have to be careful and
03. Someone made me smile again. And that there is still a chance that I’ll get to be happy on a personal level. Enough said.
04. Flowers on my birthday. Enough said again.
05. Basti’s been on the class honors’ list for 2 consecutive grading periods already. I’m really one proud Mommy!
06. I’m still financially unstable but I’m getting there. Hopefully 2010 will be a much better year for me in terms of finances.
07. I saw Rene and Muna again after 3 years. Another brother, Gian, is back in town too. It’s always great to see siblings you haven’t seen for quite some time.
08. I still have a love-hate relationship with my Mom. I haven’t spoken to her for the past month but I always think about her and keep her in my prayers.
09. I am 9 weeks into my no-rice diet and I have successfully lost 5 pounds during that period. It’s a good start considering that I’m looking forward to a healthier me this 2010.
10. I have consumed alcohol again. I had occasional margaritas and cosmopolitans since October. But one thing’s certain, I’m not going back to binge drinking. I think I am more of a responsible drinker now than when I was back in those days.
11. I appreciate my work better than before.
12. I was reminded of a previous lesson about making friends and keeping them.
13. I was once again reminded that life is all about taking chances.
Happy New Year! Stay safe and enjoy the celebration with your family and friends.