I just got a text message from a friend of mine who will be having a baby shower for his first-born son in a couple of weeks. I’m pretty excited about it because I was also asked to be this baby’s godmother. Woohoo!
I kinda miss those days when printed baby shower invitations are given out to friends and family members. Although the improvements in technology made our lives so much easier, it made me miss the simple joys of receiving letters in the mail, more so, invitations and other stuff that can really make my day.
Nonetheless, I am glad to be a second Mommy to another child real soon 🙂
1. Have you ever been on a date and you had to tell the person to just go away?
** I wasn’t able to say it to his face but, yeah, I felt that a couple of times. LOL!
2. Do you wish you were some place else right now? If yes, where?
** I wish I was with my best friend right now. I just miss her a lot.
3. Do you have any pet peeves?
** Yeah I do. One would be those motorcycle drivers who think that they’re immortal on the road.
4. Tell us about a guilty pleasure of yours.
** Pastries and good coffee
5. If you could change places and become a celebrity, who would you’d like to be?
** Julia Roberts. Hehehehe!
6. What do you consider your biggest talent?
** Singing. LOL!
7. Do you have a favorite actor/actress that is not a big star, yet they are your favorite?
8. Name your five favorite rock bands of all time.
** Guns and Roses, Bon Jovi, Journey, Metallica, Nirvana
9. If you were to start a new relationship (for whatever reason), how much of your sexual history would you share? Would you resort to lying?
** There’s really no sense in lying about it so I’ll say what the person wants to know from me without lies.
1. A cup of tea with milk is perfect for cold nights.
2. Soft-colored furniture makes a place feel like home.
3. Everything has its beauty inside and out.
4. Do you like the taste of strawberries?
5. Art makes me feel in tune with my creative side.
6. LOL I just noticed I forgot that I have so many things to do.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to rest, tomorrow my plans include catching up on some long-delayed work and Sunday, I want to download some episodes of series I want to catch up on and to start watching them!
The first half of the year is usually a big time for the household because this is the time when all the major bills have to be paid – real property taxes, car insurance renewals, house insurance renewals, etc. I am amazed as to how my father keeps his cool when this time of the year comes.
Deadlines – we all dread them and some even hate them. Personally, I feel that there are times when deadlines make me feel dead. I just can’t seem to do my stuff way ahead of time, more so, even beat the deadline.
But no matter how hard it may be to keep up with your own deadlines, they are there because things are meant to be done – they are meant to be finished so we could move on and do more worthwhile things. That’s the way it should be.
If you happen to have a task or anything that you put a deadline on, re-visit them and make a check mark if you have already done them. Work on those things that need your attention and make sure you get to beat the deadline for that. It’s a wonderful feeling to actually know that you made it to your deadline. Accomplishing something is something good.
What difficulties in your life do you want to get over soon?
** I’d like to get over my financial liabilities and I have a time table for it. By 2012, I’ll be debt-free!
What else do you want this week? Share it all.
** Nothing much except that I’m thinking about going back to my no-rice diet fast and quick and to stay away from sinfully yummy food treats (read: sweet stuff)
My eating habits changed again after the recent trip I had. Honestly, it’s been kinda hard for me to get back to the no-rice diet and I have already “cheated” a couple of times. Yeah, I have been on semi-no-rice diet since I came back. I have also been guilty of binge eating which is highly-likely caused by my erratic eating schedule.
Seriously, I really need to get back in shape. I do not walk regularly anymore as I spend the weekends sleeping until noon. A lot of the people I know have been getting into running but I don’t think I can get into it at this point as I have to get clearance first from my doctor. And oh, that reminds me, I need to see her real soon and get back into the routine of my quarterly medical check-up which include oximeter, blood sugar and cholesterol readings among other things.
As of today, my weight is at a steady 207. Not really good as I’m aiming to be at 190 by the end of June. Hopefully, I’ll be able to straighten this up and get myself all figured out again.
If you could invite any five people to your birthday party, who would they be?
** Pam, Francis, Tope, Athan, Liza. Of course there are more but these were the 5 on top of my head.
What birthday has been your favorite so far? What about it made it special?
** Last year’s birthday
What one thing are you craving today?
** Frozen yogurt