Hi and welcome to Wednesday Wickedness. We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little “twist” is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. Got it? Great! Let’s begin this week’s meme!
Today we picked Ellen Degeneres. Here’s Wednesday Wickedness!
1. “I was coming home from kindergarten–well they told me it was kindergarten. I found out later I had been working in a factory for ten years. It’s good for a kid to know how to make gloves.” How old were you when you started working and what was your first job?
** I was already 22 when I started working as a bookkeeper/administrative assistant.
2. “My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She’s ninety-seven now, and we don’t know where the hell she is.” Tell us about your grandparents.
** I have nothing much to say about my grandparents. Never got to bond with them.
3. “Procrastination isn’t the problem, it’s the solution. So procrastinate now, don’t put it off.” Do you procrastinate or are you on top of the situations?
** There are times when I procrastinate (which is like most of the time) but there are also times when I’m on top of the situation.
4. “Sometimes you can’t see yourself clearly until you see yourself through the eyes of others.” What would others say about you?
** I cannot and don’t have the intention to please everyone. I’m just being myself all the time. So I guess others would say that I’m as real as I can be.
5. “The only thing that scares me more than space aliens is the idea that there aren’t any space aliens. We can’t be the best that creation has to offer. I pray we’re not all there is. If so, we’re in big trouble” Do you believe in life on other planets?
** Not really.
6. “I’m a godmother, that’s a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that’s cute, I taught her that.” Do you have a godchild?
** I do and they’re all adorable kids!
7. “I don’t understand the sizes anymore. There’s a size zero, which I didn’t even know that they had. It must stand for: ‘Ohhh my God, you’re thin.'” When was the last time that you were called too thin?
** Back in college. I don’t want to be called that anymore.
8. “I have the worst memory ever so no matter who comes up to me – they’re just, like, ‘I can’t believe you don’t remember me!” I’m like, ‘Oh Dad I’m sorry!'” Who was the last person that you should have recognized but didn’t?
** Hmmm…it was somebody that I forcibly didn’t recognize. LOL!
9. “I gotta work out. I keep saying it all the time. I keep saying I gotta start working out. It’s been about two months since I’ve worked out. And I just don’t have the time. Which uh..is odd. Because I have the time to go out to dinner. And uh..and watch tv. And get a bone density test. And uh.. try to figure out what my phone number spells in words.” Do you work out? Have you ever joined a gym and quit almost immediately?
** Not anymore. I did join a gym but got too tired of it plus, it was expensive too.
10. ‘We use 10 percent of our brains. Imagine how much we could accomplish if we used the other 60 percent.” Do you feel that you utilize all your intelligence in every situation?
** There are times when I do but I realize that not all situations will require intelligence. Sometimes, all you need is the perfect balance between intelligence and emotion to make the situation better (or worse).